Its estimated that there are over 200 ranking factors that will determine how your website appears on the search results, there are a lot of moving parts to consider. The first thing we do is a website audit to find out what is broken. The things we look at in the first instance are listed below, we pay attention to these details beacuse we know that Google does.
- Is your website is secure (HTTPS vs. HTTP)
- What keywords are you trying to rank for?
- Is your website is mobile-friendly – this single factor has become more and more important to Google
- How fast web pages load on your site – really important and not always so easy to fix.
- Does a web page has the correct schema markup (a type of website code)
- The quality of your web pages’ content
- The length of your web pages’ content
- Presence of social signals that point back to your website – Social signals are on the rise!
- Presence of quality backlinks that point back to your website – The important thing to know here is that quality is key.
- Does the website have optimized images? – A no brainer that is almost always overlooked.
- Past user behavior and search intent for similar queries (Google’s RankBrain)